Tuesdays - like Mondays - are very special days: these are the two entire days I can spend with Agathe (my 2 years and 9 months old daughter).
This means we can do and try lots of things together.
So this afternoon, we tried a new recipe together and it was great fun to bake them... and to eat them too!
To make 12 ice cream cone cupcakes you will need:
- 12 ice cream cones (with flat bottoms)
- 125 g butter (room temperature)
- 70 g caster sugar
- 125 g plain flour
- 11/2 baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
For the icing and decoration:
- 12 flaked chocolate bars
- 250 g mascarpone
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 DegC (Gas 4). With an electric hand mixer cream together the butter and the sugar. Add the eggs, the vanilla extract and the milk and mix well. And finally add the flour and the baking powder.
- Line the 12 ice cream cones in a muffin tray. Fill the cones with the mixture to about three quarter full and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Leave them to cool in the tray.
- With the electric hand mixer, cream together the mascarpone with the icing sugar. Transfer to a pipping bag and cover the ice cream cupcakes. Add the flaked chocolate bars... et voilà !