Easter is in the air!

I remember when we (the young me and my siblings) were told that 'les cloches de pâques' (translated to 'Easter bells' from French) had dropped some chocolates in the garden, and we would grab a bag or basket to collect as much chocolates as we could. And a few decades later, it is our turn, parents, to shout 'the Easter bunny has come' and to observe with full amusements and nostalgia our child frantically screening our garden for  any shiny wrapped chocolate eggs and bunnies!

These are the magical moments of our childhood that we hope so much to pass on to the next generation. I am not sure what are my daughter's feelings and emotions at this particular moment but it certainly has its effect.

I have created a tote bag especially for this occasion, using natural cotton fabric, strong enough to hold lots of chocolates and to last to be cherished and passed on to the next generation.


To make these tote bags even more special, we can cross stitch a monogram at the bottom right of the bag.


Using a removable grid (name waste canvas) the monogram is cross stitched directly onto the calico fabric. And once the embroidery is completed the threads of the waste canvas are removed. Et voilà!


Once the bunny rabbit is cross stitched, each bag is assembled in my work space here in Hitchin (Hertfordshire, UK)


Comments