Back to "Blogger"


Hi! I'm Perrine!

I have not been visiting this blog - I started in 2010 - for so long so I thought I should introduce myself and explain what Petit MushyP [pronunciation "Mushy Pea"] is all about!

I founded Petit MushyP back in 2013 in Hitchin (Hertfordshire, United Kingdom) soon after the arrival of my daughter Agathe. Formally a scientist, I decided in 2015 to work full-time on Petit MushyP, designing and making items for children and babies. Petit MushyP is currently ran by myself in my home studio in Hitchin. 







I design and hand make all of my products such as soft toys in crochet and in plush, a range of shaped bags and nursery pillows, felt brooches and a few hand painted fabric storage bags and pencil cases.  I mainly sell my products online via the following marketplaces Etsy, Not On The High Street and Un Grand Marche making my products available worldwide. 





Curious about the name?


I initially wanted to call my business “Moshi Moshi“, which means ‘Allo’ when answering the phone in Japanese. I just love these two words together and I can't explain why. But then I wanted to give the name a British touch though as it all started in England while driving on the M1 towards London. And I immediately thought of Mushy Pea, but shortened it to simply ‘MushyP’ just because I like things to look different!





So in brief, Petit MushyP is a colourful cocktail of Japanese inspiration, with a pinch of British culture, and a hint of French nostalgia.



Comments